Letter #26 - 2003
7/08/2003 1:22:59 PM MDT
I am a college student who is getting ready a persuation speech on why you should learn to play Chess.
I have most of the material needed but was looking for the scores to obtain an
expert rating, master, grandmaster etc...
Any info or comments that you or someone may know on why you should learn to play Chess would be appreciated also.
Absolute beginner: 000 - 500
Beginner: 500 - 1000
Intermediate: 1000 - 1300
Club player: 1300 - 1600
Tournament player: 1600 - 2000
Candidate Master: 2000 - 2200
Master: 2200 - 2400
Int'l Master: 2400 - 2500
Grandmaster: 2500 - 2600
Elite Grandmaster: 2600 - 2700
World Class: 2700+
Some reasons to play Chess:
1. Chess gives players a sense of achievement and self-worth.
2. It is a tool to aid the intellectual development of people of
3. It promotes skills such as self-discipline, creativity and verbal reasoning.
4. Every game of Chess is unique and provides new distinct
problems to solve.
5. It raises your IQ, increases problem-solving skills,
and improves your memory.
Thank you for visiting us,