Letter #28 - 2005
This browser is not Java-enabled
Date: 8/21/2005 8:30:52 AM MDT
I'm a regular visitor of Chess Poster.
I need to know what is necessary to open the games in my pc from "Great Games" because I have a message saying
“This browser is not Java-enabled.”
Thanks and regards..... the site is very, very good
You may need to change the settings in your browser to enable the java applets to load or work properly.
Try the following: (Internet Explorer)
1. Open the Internet Explorer (IE) browser.
2. Click Tools / Internet Options / Advanced / Scroll to Java (Sun) and select box Use JRE 1.6.0_14 for 'applet' (requires start) and click Apply and OK to exit.
1. Open the Internet Explorer (IE) browser. AOL users need to open the IE internet options from outside the AOL environment because Java enabling changes made to IE inside AOL won't work.
2. Click Tools / Internet Options... / Security / Custom level / Microsoft VM / Java permissions / (choose) High, medium or low safety and click OK.
Click yes to the next window: ("Warning, are you sure you want to change the security settings for this zone?")
3. Reload your page or restart the browser to reflect the new changes.
If the above info won't solve the problem, go to any search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc.) and type: "This browser is not Java enabled" and you will find many places with good information on this topic.
If you do not have Java installed on your computer you may try the following link to download it:
Thank you for visiting us,