Letter #48 - 2009
Requirement for a GM title
Date: 11/01/2009 9:00:22 PM EDT
Do you know the requirements or process for a Chess player to be awarded a Grandmaster title?
Some FIDE requirements to gain a Grandmaster title are follows:
1. A player must have an ELO of at least 2500 at some time or another.
2. Two norms (winning results) must be achieved in tournaments involving other Grandmasters, this includes GM's from countries other than the applicant’s.
3. The minimum rating of the opponents must be greater than 2250.
4. To qualify, an applicant must play at least 9 games on each of the tournaments and needs a total of 27 games in 2 or more norms.
5. Time control during play must be at least 120 minutes and title results remain valid for life.
More information be found online at:
Thank you for visiting us,